Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Variety is the spice to workouts

Exercise can be boring, especially if it is the same boring routine day after day. Spice it up and add variety to your exercises. I have an ab ball, you know one of those big grey rubber balls you can sit on and exercise with. It is fun for a few workouts but it can be boring if you used it for all your workouts. I also have a few DVD workouts. One is a turbo workout that has a wide variety of exercises in a faster mode than normal so if I want to speed through a workout I can put that DVD on but I will be worn out by the end of the routine. I like to add variety to my exercise routines by doing something different each time I workout. Today I bought another DVD, this one is called "Island Girl". It is a dance fitness workout using the hula. It looked interesting enough for me to get it. I just finished watching it and it looks like I am going to have fun with it. I got my DVD at the dollar store. If you can't find a copy, I have provided a link to Amazon for you.



Just keep your workouts interesting. If they become a boring rut, you won't want to do them and if you don't exercise - the dieting will be worthless.

No comments: