Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Don't be stupid

Now I know that New Years is just a few days away now. Like most people you might be making unrealistic resolutions that you cannot keep. For example losing 20 pounds a month in weight. That is not only unrealistic but can be dangerous. The most drastic weight loss I have ever gone through was losing 15 pounds in 3 days, that was because I had the flu and between not eating much and spending my time either puking or pooping it was not a very nice way to lose weight. In fact for the next week after that I was extremely weak. I had the advantage of being in my late teens at the time so my young strong body could handle it. Nowadays forget it, I would end up in ER.

You don't want to lose weight by unconventional means either. Don't be planning on that trip down to Mexico for liposuction from a back alley doctor. Those places are known for leaving the patient with more health problems then they arrived with. A friend of mine went down for dental implants Mexico and ended up with a bone infection.

Lose those excessive pounds the old fashioned way, by eating less and being more active. Don't eat more than your body can use in energy and maintaining bodily functions.

Have a great new year and don't make unrealistic plans that you know you can't keep.

No comments: