Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Shopping while fat

I have been overweight for the last 15 years. I sometimes get to the point that I really hate to look at myself in the mirror. It is at those times that I find great relief in going shopping. It is not that I substitute shopping for feeling guilty for being overweight, no it is that I go to Walmart and see huge obese women and say to myself I am not that fat after all.

To me shopping and looking at other people makes it a true reality check. I think I have been comparing myself to those skinny gals on TV and not to real life. Whether I am shopping for pond supplies at the local pet store or just cruising down the grocery aisle it puts my own life in a better perspective. Try it for yourself and see if you feel better about the way you look.

No comments: