Pages

Friday, May 8, 2009

Drink plenty of fluids


When you are on a diet, everyone tells you that you should drink plenty of water. I am one of those people that hates the taste of water. Even the bottled water has a nasty taste to me. The only water I have ever liked was ice cold spring water that was coming straight up out of the ground when we use to go camping when I was a kid.

Most of my family knows that I don't like the taste of water so when I got a gift of 2 personalized water bottles last Christmas from a cousin, my family just shook their heads. They knew that those bottles would end up in the kitchen cupboard forever.

I talked about my dislike for the taste of water to a nurse and she told me that she hates the taste of water too and all she drinks all day is diet soda. She said the body does not care what form the fluid comes in, just as long as there is plenty of it and that the body can use it.

1 comment:

Dr.Rutledge said...

Hi,

Interesting post. I too have a hard time drinking water sometimes.

I'm a physician and former faculty member at Harvard and Stanford Medical Schools. I discovered your blog while looking for the best health writers on the web. I reviewed your posts, and think your writing would be a great addition to the Weight Loss Community on Wellsphere, a top 5 health website that has nearly 5 million visitors monthly. If you would like to learn more about how you can join our Health Blogger Network, republish your blog posts and be featured on the Wellsphere platform, just drop me an email at dr.rutledge@wellsphere.com.

Cheers,
Geoff